The QuickBuild Process
|1 - Identify||- Where is the section that you want to build on?
- Get Lot & DP number.
- Ask your council for these if you don't have them
|2 - House Type||- Which QuickBuild Home do you want?
- Decide on the available variations
|3 - Who will build it?||- You? (you will need Form 2B - Declaration of Self Build - for your council.) The rule is that you have to intend to live in it.
- A local builder?
- One of our approved assemblers?
- If one of our assemblers, then “Shell Only” or “Full Build”?
|4 - Talk to your council||- Talk about putting a house there.
They may talk about:
- Boundary distances,
- Recession planes (how high the house is in relation to boundaries), and
- “Set-Back” distances,
- Outdoor Living areas etc.
- If your house doesn’t comply with these, then you may need to get “Resource Consent”.
- This is not a daunting as it sounds, and you can often do it yourself.
- Find out if they need a “Geo-technical Report” (A report on the quality of the ground under your house.)
|5 - Ancillary work||- Get pricing for these services, such as drains, water, power connections, and also get their lead times.
|6 - Budgeting||- Seriously.
- Make sure you can get finance.
7 - Geo-technical Report
||- Get it done if required by council.
|8 - Dates||- Get an approximate delivery date / lead time from us.
- Send us a copy of the Geo-technical report if your council required it.
|9 - Sign Contract||- Sign on the dotted line with us!
- Pay 15% deposit.
- We will then send you plans and specification for council.
- We will also do any extra design work at this stage for ground conditions if required
(slope, geo-tech, etc)
- Extra design work is chargeable
- Sign Freight Contract.
|10 - Prepare Consent||- You prepare and submit building consent, and possibly Resource Consent if required.
- Council have 10 working days to approve one of our standard houses.
- If you need alterations for foundations, then they have 20 days.
|11 - Manufacture||- We will start to manufacture your kit-set.|
|12 - Final Payment & Inspection||- When kit-set is manufactured, pay remaining money due.
- You may come to visit and put your own padlock on your 40’ container if you want.
- The whole lot is then yours!
|13 - Shipped & Start Building||- Container and panels are shipped to site and you may start building|